Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Got Back

So we got back form camping with only some scrapes and bug bites. Now hears the story. 2 hours after we go home I was headed to the ER. Yes just me. I don't have a good story its pretty funny so you can laugh after you read it. I was putting the boys car seats back in the car so I could take them to swim lessons. The van was parked in the drive way which goes down toward the garage. That's important, so the step down from the car is bigger than normally. So I was backing out after I buckled the seat in and came down on my right foot wrong, and twisted my ankle. I was hurting so bad and hopped to the front of the house yelling for the boys to open the door and get Poppie. My dad then yelled for my mom to call 911, so yes we had everyone show up at the house. I was on my way to Henry Mayo by Ambulance. They put a splint on and said I need to wait a few days to get it x rayed again.
Friday I went down to kaiser and was told its not broken, but putting a cast on it. So I'm in a cast for 3 weeks and a walking boot after that. ONLY ME!!!!
So I will up load pictures of campimg when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

Oh Stacy.... i feel your pain.. A few years ago when we first moved here, we were living with my sister and her husband. They went away for the weekend and my husband was working nights, (oh yea, mom and dad just moved here a week or 2 before this)i get home from getting dinner for Eli and myself - go get him, open up the trunk of our car - reach into the trunk - dislocated my left knee - fell cracked my knee cap, but popped my knee somewhat back into place, then proceeded to crawl while still holding Eli to front door, unlocked the door crawled to the phone and called my mom(funny how no one witnessed me doing all of this). They raced over, called Gabe - Gabe drove me to the er, mom and dad stayed with Eli. I was put into a soft cast for 3 weeks then had to have physical therapy and have had major problems with it ever since....

Totally know what your going through..... but seriously have you ever heard of someone dislocating their knee from reaching into the trunk of a car?????????????????????

YUP!

Hope your doing well..

Cherie Baker Vann said...

so how are you?????