Sunday, March 2, 2008

MARCH 2

So today marked one year ago when Mike told me he wanted a divorce. What an amazing year it has been for the boys and I. God has been so gracious to us. I now have more understanding of who God truly is. It has been amazing to feel the comfort of God. We have a true living God. I can't say this has been easy, but trusting in the Lord through this is all I can do. We are so Blessed to be in the kingdom of God. I do not deserve anything God has given me, but I am so thankful for it all.

An update on everything else. I am still married. I had to fly to Chicago in January. Of all months, I was hoping for spring. We had to go to court on Jan 11Th. If everything looked good to the judge I would had come home single, but that wasn't the case. We had to take a on line co-parenting class before we could move forward. I was able to sign and pay for a waiver to not appear in court again, so that was nice. Our next court date was Feb 11Th. It's a good thing I didn't need to go out there again, because the judge said there was conflicting info in it and he wanted Mike to get a lawyer to read over them tomake changes. Next court date March 13Th. As of now I don't think that's going to happen. As far as I know Mike hasn't done anything about the papers. Please keep praying for Mike. He is so deceive by the world, its so hard to see. Pray for the boys in that they will still be protected through this time.

My trip to Chicago was nice even in Jan. I was able to stay with Jon and Kelli Iverson. What a blessing the Iversons and Petersens have been to me. I cant thank God enough for bringing them into my life. I was able to see the new church, which is so nice. It was nice to hang out with all of them again. They said the next time I come out I would have to bring the boys, so maybe next year.
I will try my best to keep blogging with new info. May God Bless you all in 2008.

2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Hey Stacy! Looonnnnggg time since I even saw you last! I came across your blog through some random looking at other people's blogs and wanted to say howdy! You look so great! I'm so thankful that God has been with you through this year - you have always been a strong chickadee, and I am so excited to see how God is blessing and will bless you in the future! Hope you write back - my email address is cherieinla@yahoo.com and our blog is www.toddandcherie.blogspot.com Glad I had the opportunity to write! Cherie (Baker) Vann

Kelli I. said...

Stacey~
You are such a sweet friend. I have seen you grow so much this year. God has given you strength beyond what you initially thought you had. (I knew you had it in you!) :) I am so proud of the mother that you are to Cody and Blake. Your influence on them and the way the are seeing you live a faithful life will bless them as they grow into godly young men. Keep trusting God and take things one day at a time. I love you and can't wait to see you and the boys sometime soon. (Wait for winter to be over!!!)

Walking in His Strength,
Kelli